Saturday 4 August 2012

Day 8 Another Shoe Update

Clearly I'm not good at this blogging everyday, I promise to do better!

After my first post where I updated a pair of old pumps, I decided to update a couple more of my pumps (I have about 10 pairs that will all eventually be given a new lease of life).

The idea for the first update came from See Kate Sew. She did a series of shoe updates, which are all amazing, but my favourite idea of hers combined two of my favourite things, shoes and books. Kate used modge podge to stick strips down that she had cut from a dictionary. I don't think we get modge podge in the UK, but from what I gather, it's basically PVA, so that's what I used to stick down the strips of paper I cut from a spare copy of The Complete Works of Shakespeare that I had kicking around (I've already used some of the pages in a previous post to cover boxes and folders).

This is a very simple crafts to do, just go round the shoe in sections pasting on the glue, then sticking down the page strips and gluing over the top. Don't worry about any overhang, as you can trim this down once the glue has dried. When you have covered the whole shoe, paint a thin layer over the whole of the shoe and let dry. You will find that the paper cracks when you walk, just glue over the top and the shoes will move with your foot without peeling. I have found however that the edges of the paper on my shoes has come away a lot, so I'm going to go back over them with a generous layer of glue!

No comments:

Post a Comment