Saturday 4 August 2012

Day 9 Shoe Update Number 3

This is an update that I was massively excited about doing because it involved GLITTER! I freakin' love glitter, I mean, who doesn't?

Right so, glitter shoes have been all over Pinterest, but my favourite pair has to be these from A Beautiful Mess ( which incidentally happens to be one of my favourite blogs).

This is so simple, and so messy, but so worth it. I strongly recommend doing this over a piece of newspaper, or a big enough container, so that you catch the glitter and reuse it. First of all, I painter my pumps using acrylic paint. The glitter I wanted to use was a turquoise colour, so I painted my pumps green, because some of the shoe underneath will show up no matter how much glitter you use! Once the paint had dried, I painted on the PVA glue working in small sections, you don't want the glue to dry before you've managed to sprinkle on enough of your glitter. When you've covered the whole of your shoes, let them dry completely, I left mine for 24 hours. Once they've dried, touch up any patches, let dry for another few hours, then paint a thin layer of glue over the whole of the shoe. You want to be careful when you do this, because some of the glitter will come aways when you brush the glue on, so be gentle. When you've painted glue over the whole of your shoes, let them dry for another 24 hours, and there you have it, one amazing pair of sparkly shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment