Wednesday 15 August 2012

Day 13 - Ipod Case

This was just a really quick and easy project today. My poor Ipod has suffered a lot over the last couple of years kicking around in the bottom of my handbag and getting scratched and scuffed, so I thought it was finally time to make a nice cozy case for it.

For this I just used some soft knitted fabric I had (it used to be the sleeve of a jumper) and some pretty scrap fabric I had to make the outer cover. I sewed them both together with right sides facing and leaving a small gap to turn it right side out through, which I then sewed up. Then I laid my Ipod on it so I could see how much to turn it up by to make the pocket and topstitched it closed. Then I hand sewed a hair band to the inside of the top flap and sewed a button on to the middle of the back to act as a closure. (The hair band that I used was quite old and stretched out, you might not need to sew your button so far away!)

Then you're ready to slide in your Ipod, chuck it in your bag and go.

Front

Back

Open

No comments:

Post a Comment