Monday 30 July 2012

Day 7 Bookmark DIY and all up to date!

So I've spent the majority of the day getting by blog up to date, and from hence forth I will attempt to post them each day because doing four posts in one day is just too much work!

After all this writing, I wanted to do something quick, easy and very simple, so this is what I plumped for. It's a really easy tutorial from Percolating Projects, and all you need is a piece of ribbon that will go round your book (I used a piece of scrap fabric), a hair band and button.

If you're using a ribbon then the long edges will already be finished, however, if you are using up a piece of scrap like I am, then you can either jut sew a seam down either side, or you can sew right sides together, making a tube, then turn it inside out, which is what I did. Then I rolled one end over twice and sewed it down, making a secure seam, while the other side I rolled over twice and then sewed it down with the hairband secured inside. Then just sew a button on the other end and job done! Check out Percolating Projects for a full tutorial with pictures.
My lovely new bookmark



No comments:

Post a Comment